The Equine Technician Programme and Equine Horse Tamer Course includes
in each of the subjects a theoretical part which will be taught together with the practical activities.
For the activities related to horse taming and training, each student will be given a certain number of horses of the herd of the Equestrian Centre. In the first part of the programme trained horses are provided to the students and they are instructed on the basis of taming, training, horse handling and touch development skills. In the second part, students are given wild horses so that they can both go along all the stages of taming and training learned during the first part.
Each student will be responsible for the horses given as regards the care given to the animal from feeding to horseshoeing or hoof trimming, depending on the case, while they are training in the premises under the supervision of our professional staff of the Equine Taming School and/or the staff of the Equestrian Centre.
The Equine Technician Programme and Equine Horse Tamer Course which has duration of 18 months offers:
- Theory and practices on Taming techniques
- Theory and Practices on classical horse riding (training)
- Core subjects: Ethology, Veterinary, Nutrition, Genetics, Farm management, etc.
- Handling and communication with the horses (untickling, making habits, horseshoeing and hoof trimming, vaccination, etc.)
- Internship system with accommodation and full board
- Intensive Spanish Training Course for students who do not speak the Spanish language prior to the commencement of the formative programme
In the last part of the programme, each student will continue with the horseback taming stage of the four horses he or she has tamed by hand. This training will enable the student to lead the horses to reach the adjustment capacity and any other testing required in the discipline of training Paso and Trotting horses. Students are required to successfully accomplish all the process with the four horses so as to be awarded the degree of Equine Tamer.